Saturday, July 7, 2012

This Week's Work Link Up Party- #2


I survived finishing up Mae Bae's presents, despite a freak illness striking the birthday girl the night before her birthday, which meant that very little got done in the way of preparations that night.  Thankfully she was feeling much better in the morning.  Her favorite present seemed to be the felt play oven mitts I threw together last week.  

Here are some of my other projects this week:

Mae's Bracelet (this was a big hit too)


Mae's Necklace (did I mention that she's really into accessories at the moment)


Mae Bae's Completed Saint Catherine Doll


A Custom Order!


The last piece of one of my most popular fabrics was used to make this convertible cover:


I love brocades.


White stretch lace is finally here!  It only took two years!


And since I was on a roll I finished a brown stretch lace cover too.


This one is so incredibly soft.  It was my first try at sewing chiffon!  And it was a success!


More sparkling organza:


Some coverings I haven't photographed for the shop yet.  A convertible lace and dupioni and a narrow dupioni headband:


Three more convertibles just waiting to be photographed and listed.  Can you tell that I'm trying to efficient by sewing a bunch of coverings with the same bobbin thread at once so I'm not wasting a ton of time changing colors?  Hence all the blue and purple.


I used the leftover flannel to begin making a rag rug (something I'd never tried before).  After the flannel ran out I began scrounging up linen scraps.  I'm not sure how this is going to turn out.  I think it might be a little too tight since I was too impatient to wait until I had an appropriately sized crochet hook:


Before I could write tonight's post I had to cut off Paul's rapidly growing hair before it turned into a giant curly puff of spirals.  After cutting his hair for a couple of years we've saved at least a couple hundred dollars.


Sadie in her birthday apron (from a few weeks ago) eating tonight's creation, my personal (and easy) cheese enchilladas.  I'm planning on posting the recipe soon.  

Mae Bae, who has suddenly become a finicky eater (did I really think I could dodge that toddler stage?), will only reliably eat beans.  She loves kidney beans, black beans, white beans, pinto beans and especially chickpeas.  She likes them with chili pepper, garlic powder and cumin.  Kind of strange for a two year old!



The finally finished blanket (my pinkie has been numb on and off all week since I finished it!  It was a LOT of cutting!).


Now it's your turn!  What have you been up to this week!
_____________________



1 comment:

  1. I didn't comment on this when you posted, but I really wanted to, because I redid my porch when my mom was here!! I need to post that because I am SUPER proud!! Garden/outdoor projects count, right??

    Also, I always want to say, if I looked as cute as you do in all the head coverings you make, I would probably wear those more than my bandanas or headbands! You're very photogenic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!